1BECAUSEused when you are giving the reason for something 因爲
We didn’t enjoy the day because the weather was so awful.
那天我們很不盡興,因爲天氣實在太糟。
‘Why can’t I go?’ ‘Because you’re not old enough.’
“我爲什麽不能去?”“因爲你年紀太小。”
Hubert never experienced any fear, and this was partly because he was not particularly intelligent.
休伯特從來都沒有害怕的感覺,部分原因是他這人不大聰明。
Many exam candidates lose marks simply because they do not read the questions properly.
許多應試者失分只是因爲沒有好好地讀題。
I decided to go with them, mainly because I had nothing better to do.
我決定和他們一起去,主要是因爲我沒有更好的事情可做。
2just because ...spokenREASON used to say that, although one thing is true, it does not mean that something else is true 僅僅因爲…
Just because you’re my brother doesn’t mean I have to like you!
你是我兄弟,那也不代表我一定得喜歡你呀!
Examples from the Corpus
just because ...• He is just because he is vulnerable and challengeable.• I can't break it, just because he's out of the country.• This is not just because Republicans are determined to make it so.• Anyway, you can't dismiss the experimentalmethodjust because some irrational people choose not to put the findings into practice.• So just because you can't find it through a Websearch doesn't mean it's not there.• Perhaps it's just because you don't like her?• Just because you shop at the local indoormall does not make you an expert on the retailsector of the economy.
nGRAMMAR: Comparison
because
You use because at the beginning of a clause, when giving the reason for something:
I was late because the traffic was bad.
In formal written English, don’t use because at the beginning of a sentence.
because of
You use because of before a noun, when giving the reason for something:
I was late because of the traffic.
✗Don’t say: because the traffic
THESAURUS
because conjunction used when giving the reason for something 因爲,由於
I went home because I was tired.
因爲累了,我就回家了。
The streets were flooded because of all the rain.
下了這麽多雨,街道被水淹了。
due to/owing toprepositionprep used to give the reason why something has happened. Due to and owing to are more formal than because 因爲,由於〔due to和owing to比 because正式〕
The delay was due to a problem with the ship’s engines.
誤點是因爲船的引擎出了問題。
The parade had to be cancelled owing to bad weather.
由於天氣不好遊行活動只得取消了。
throughprepositionprep because of something. Through is used especially when saying why someone succeeded or failed to do something 由於,因爲〔尤用於說明某人成功或失敗的原因〕
They won the game, more through luck than skill.
他們赢了這場比賽,更多是靠運氣而不是技巧。
You failed that test through carelessness.
你沒能通過那次測驗是因爲粗心大意。
thanks toprepositionprep used when explaining that something good has happened because of someone’s efforts, or because something exists 歸功於,多虧〔用於解釋某件好事的發生是由於某人的努力或某事物的存在〕
Thanks to modern medicine, the disease can now be cured.
有賴於現代醫學,這種疾病現在可以治愈了。
since/as conjunction used when giving the reason why someone decides to do something or decides that something is true 因爲,由於〔用於解釋某人爲何決定做某事或認爲某事屬實〕
We decided to go to the beach since it was a nice day.
由於天氣晴朗,我們決定去海灘。
I thought Kevin was out as his car wasn’t there.
我想凱文出去了,因爲他的車不在那裏。
out ofprepositionprep because of a particular feeling or quality 出於,因爲〔某種感情或品質〕
He started reading the book out of curiosity.
他開始讀那本書是出於好奇。
I only asked out of politeness.
我只是出於禮貌問了一問。
Examples from the Corpus
because• You mean you dumped him just because he forgot your birthday?• Mark couldn't come because he had to work.• She's in a bad moodbecause her father won't let her go to the partytonight.• "This photograph doesn't look like you." "That's because it isn't me - it's my sister".• I had to move because of my job.• Because of the increase in streetcrime, many old people are afraid to leave their homes.• She's studying because she has a testtomorrow.• We're not going on holiday this year, simply because we can't afford it.• Because you've done such a good job, I'm giving everyone a 10% bonus.
because of somebody/somethingused to say who or what causes something to happen or is the reason for something 因爲某人/某事物
He had to retire because of ill health.
他因爲健康問題不得不退休。
We spent three hours waiting in the rain because of you!
因爲你,我們在雨裏等了三個小時!
Register
In written English, people often prefer to use the expressions due to something, owing to something, or as a result of something, which sound more formal than because of something: 在書面英語中,人們往往更喜歡用due to,owing to或as a result of,這些表達法聽起來比because of正式